Entry Formalities into Cameroon-Visit Africa in Miniature
Visit Cameroon Today
Entry Formalities into Cameroon-Passport
You need a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure for Cameroon and an entry visa. The visa can be obtained from your local Cameroonian Embassy or High Commission or Consulate. If there is no diplomatic representation in your country of origin, then contact our company, Cameroon Adventures, and Tours, and we shall help you obtain a visa on arrival upon pay.
All foreigners except citizens of Central Africa Republic, Chad, Congo Brazzaville, and Nigeria must obtain a visa to visit Cameroon. It is very advisable to obtain the document before arriving.
- Visas: There are many different types of visas, for example, we have airport transit visas (this is free of charge visa), visitor’s visa, business visa, tourist visa, work visa, permanent residence visa, and laissez-passer. A laissez-passer is a legal travel document issued by the Cameroon high commission in London to citizens who hold a passport that is not valid in Cameroon and or issued by a government not recognized by the Cameroon government. It is issued to persons not having a valid Cameroon passport and intends to leave the United Kingdom, Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden for Cameroon. This document is valid for 3months.
To get a visa to Cameroon, you need:
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate regardless of the country you are coming from.
- An application form and two passport-sized photographs.
- A non-refundable application fee (amount varies with the type of visa).
- A valid passport with at least 6 months validity at the time of entry.
To get a visitor’s visa to Cameroon, you need:
- A Letter of Invitation (LOI)
- A Lodging certificate issued by your host or,
- A reservation confirmation from your hotel.
If you need a visitor’s visa, the person you are visiting must produce a letter of invitation including a lodging certificate and get them stamped and signed by the local authorities before sending them to you. It must state that you have a place to stay during your trip.
To get a tourist visa to Cameroon, you need:
- A letter from your bank stating your current balance to the Cameroon consular of your country. This letter must be signed by your bank for it to be valid.
- A Lodging certificate issued by your host or a reservation confirmation from your hotel.