This post is also available in:
Article 1: Intermediary for transport companies:
During the sales of Air tickets, for regular airliners or chartered flights, Cameroon Adventures and Tours shall act as representative of the air company.
Article 2: Transport titre as contract between customer and transport companies:
Cameroon Adventures and Tours shall be mandated to deliver one or more tickets to the customer for his/her entire trip at the responsibility of the transporter or transport company. In this case, the issued ticket(s) shall automatically constitute the contract entered between the client and the transport company.
Article 3: Submission of required legal documents to travel agent:
The final conclusion of all sales/contract, whether they are related to the organisation of trip or the sales of transport titres, requires that the client submits to Cameroon Adventures and Tours the appropriate documents that are required by Law in the country concerned.
Article 4: Contract is stipulated and concluded on a letter head paper of the travel company:
The concluding sales/contract between the Cameroon Adventures and Tours and the client, must be written and signed on a letter head paper of the company that clearly indicates the Full names of the company, its address and administrative authorisation to operate. Cameroon Adventures and Tours must therefore communicate to its consumer, all information related to the total price of his/her tour package, the dates of arrivals and departures, as well as the nature of the trip such as:
- The destination, means, category and characteristics of transport used;
- The type of accommodation, its state, comfort offered and main characteristics, its approval and tourist ranking following the regulations of the reception country;
- The Meals to be provided;
- The description of the itinerary of the trip;
- The administrative and health formalities to be fulfilled by the client, notably in the event of border crossing, as well as the deadlines for fulfilment;
- All other visits, excursions or services that are included in the tour package, but that are optional and would necessitate additional charges;
- The minimum and maximum size of a group which can be accepted in order for the trip to be realistic. All our tour packages are subjected to a minimal number of participants in a group for it to be realised;
- The latest date or deadline for booking any of our tours and except otherwise, it should not be programmed lesser than 21 days;
- The amount or percentage of the total price of the trip to be paid in advance at the time of signing the contract as well as the deadline for the payment of the totality of the tour cost;
- The possibility of price adjustment and the modalities of price adjustment;
- The conditions for the cancellation of the contract;
- The precisions concerning the risks covered by insurance and the amount insured in the insurance contract appertaining to the responsibility of third parties’ liability of non-profit organisations and local tourism institutions, if the insurance policy was handled by Cameroon Adventures and Tours;
- Information relating to optional coverage of insurance contract that covers certain special hazards such as repatriation costs in case of ill health, accident or death.
Article 5: Responsibility of the travel company:
Cameroon Adventures and Tours is responsible to provide all preliminary information to the customer and reserves the right to modify certain elements of the information. In such a case, Cameroon Adventures and Tours must clearly explain why there must be such modification(s) and what elements are to be modified. Whatever be the case, such modification(s) must be transmitted to the customer in writing before the signing of the sales contract.
Article 6: Format of the final contract:
The final contract between Cameroon Adventures and Tours and the customer must be written down, produced in two copies and signed by both parties. One copy must be handed to the customer after signature and the final sales contract must content the following clauses:
- Name and address of Cameroon Adventures and Tours, its guarantor and insurer as well as the name and address of its ground manager/organiser;
- The destination(s) of the trip and in the case of separate interval tours, the different periods and dates of the tours;
- The transport means, characteristics and categories used as well as the places, dates and time of departure and return;
- The type of accommodation, its situation, level of comfort and principal characteristics, its approval and tourist classification with respect to the regulations of the country concerned;
- The number of meals to be provided;
- The itinerary to be respected;
- All the visits, excursions or services to be provided in the total price of the tour package;
- The total price of all estimated services to be provided as well as all the indicated modifications made and agreed upon by both parties before the conclusion of the sales contract;
- Indication of all royalties or landing fees, airport/seaport loading and offloading taxes, and visitors’ tax, in the case where they are not included in the price of services to be provided;
- The payment schedule and modalities. However, the final payment to be made by the client should in no case be less than 30% of the total price of the tour package and should be paid at the moment of presentation of traveling documents such as invitation letters, air ticket reservations, hotel reservations or visas;
- special sales conditions requested by the customer and accepted by Cameroon Adventures and Tours;
- The procedures and competent authorities by which the customer can summon Cameroon Adventures and Tours for a claim in the shortest time possible. This claim must be written and Cameroon Adventures and Tours must acknowledge reception of the summon/claim by pending its signature through the intermediary of its ground manager/organiser or any of its other service providers;
- The deadline for informing the customer of possible cancellation of a trip by Cameroon Adventures and Tours in the case of a group tour whereby the minimum threshold of participants is not met;
- The conditions for cancellation of the trip;
- The precisions concerning risks covered by insurance and the amount insured in the insurance contract appertaining to the responsibility of third parties’ liability of non-profit organisations and local tourism institutions;
- Information concerning insurance contract covering the consequences of some annulation cases as registered by the customer (indicate the police number and name of insurer), as well as the contract covering certain specific risks assistance such as the repatriation charges in case of accident, ill-health or death. In this case, the customer should provide to Cameroon Adventures and Tours a document indicating all the risks covered and all the risks not covered;
- The deadline for Cameroon Adventures and Tours to inform the customer in the case where the customer wants to rupture the contract;
- Cameroon Adventures and Tours must provide to the customer, at least 6 days prior to the date of his/her departure, by writing, the following information:
- The name, address and telephone number of its local representative(s) or the name, address and telephone number of its local organisation which is liable to help the client in case of difficulties.
- For trips involving minors (children less than 12 years of age) abroad, Cameroon Adventures and Tours would need to establish a direct contract with the parents/guidance of the minor abroad or in situ if there is a representative of the minor in the country concern.
Article 7: Transfer of contract:
The customer may transfer his contract to another person who fulfils similar conditions like him/her to undertake the trip so long as the trip has not yet started. But the decision to transfer the contract must be done in advance and must be made by writing and the transferee should ensure that Cameroon Adventures and Tours acknowledges reception of the transfer transaction. Such decisions must be made latest 7 days before the start of the trip or 15 days before the start of the trip, if it involves a cruise trip.
Article 8: Modalities of Price adjustment
- Once the contract stipulates a deliberate possibility of price adjustment, it should equally state the specific modalities for estimating the price variations, whether they are in the rise or the drop. This mostly concern the transportation expenses and related taxes, fluctuation in currencies, and other services mentioned in the contract.
- If, before the departure of the customer, and Cameroon Adventures and Tours realises that it is constraint to make modifications on one or more of the essential elements of the contract such as an increase in price, the customer, after being informed through a registered mail with acknowledgement receipt, may, without any prejudice to claims for compensation for eventual damages caused;
- Either terminate his/her contract with Cameroon Adventures and Tours and immediately request the reimbursement of the total sum paid without any penalties or;
- Accept the modifications or substituted trip proposed by Cameroon Adventures and Tours. In this case, a contract amendment stating the modifications made shall then be signed by the two parties.
- In the case of a price drop, the price reduction shall be calculated and deducted from the total sum paid. If there is any remaining balance to be paid to the client, then the price reduction should be deducted from it before the date of his/her departure or any excesses refunded to him/her before the start of the journey.
Article 9: Conditions for cancellations
- If, prior to the departure of the trip, and Cameroon Adventures and Tours cancels the trip, it shall notify the customer by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt. In this case, the customer shall, without any prejudice to claims for compensation for eventual damages caused, immediately be refunded the totality of the money paid to Cameroon Adventures and Tours for the trip, without paying a fine. However, Cameroon Adventures and Tours is required to pay a compensation allowance which is at least equal to the fine the customer would have paid had it been the cancellation was attributed to him/her. Notwithstanding, the provisions of this article shall in no way pose an obstacle to the conclusion of an amicable contract between Cameroon Adventures and Tours and the customer with the aim of persuading the customer to accept a substituted trip proposed by Cameroon Adventures and Tours.
- If, after departure of the customer, and it becomes impossible for Cameroon Adventures and Tours to provide a substantial share of the services stated in the contract, (as a result of Force Majeure such as terrorism, natural disaster and other unforeseen circumstances) that constitute an important percentage of the price paid by the customer, Cameroon Adventures and Tours shall immediately take the following measures, without prejudice to claims for compensation for eventual damages caused:
- Either propose substituted services in replacement of the initial set forth services. This substituted services should be equal in price and quality to the initial services. And if the services accepted by the client are inferior in quality and price, Cameroon Adventures and Tours shall reimburse the difference in price during his/her return;
- In the case where there is no possibility of substitution or when the substituted services are rejected by the customer, with valuable reasons, Cameroon Adventures and Tours shall without any extra cost, pay only for the return transport fare of the customer, under conditions which could be deemed as equivalent to both parties, and to an agreed destination.
- Once a trip has been booked by a customer, he/she must guarantee their reservation by an immediate payment of at least 20% of the total cost of the trip. The totality of the package cost must be paid at least 45 days before the departure date. Once the customer has paid the totality of the cost of the trip and he/she wishes to cancel the trip, this cancellation must be done at least 21 days before the commencement of the trip. After this deadline, the following fines shall be implemented:
- Cancellations made 30 days before the commencement of the trip:
There shall be a total refund of the trip cost with the following deductions made;
- Commission for honoraria
- Charges of all bank transfers
- Charges claimed by our suppliers such as hotels, restaurants, car rentals and air companies.
- Cancellations made between 21 and 30 days before the commencement of the trip:
In addition of the above three deductions (a), a fine worth 25% of the total trip cost shall also be deducted.
- Cancellations made between 15 and 21 days before the commencement of the trip:
In addition of the above three deductions (a), a fine worth 50% of the total trip cost shall be deducted.
- Cancellations made less than 15 days before commencement of the trip:
There shall a be fine worth 100% of the total trip cost.
Article 10: Accepted Currency of Payment
All our prices are quoted in Euros or in Francs CFA XAF, except otherwise indicated, and as such all payments and refunds are expected to be made in Euros or Francs CFA XAF. Cameroon Adventures and Tours is not responsible for currency fluctuations or government taxes that may occur from the date of your booking until a refund is made.
Article 11: Terms of payment (Dates and Methods of Payment)
- We require a 20% of the totality of the cost of the trip as from the moment of conclusion of the sales contracts each of our tours, and the rest of the 100 % totality of the cost of the trip is expected to be paid at least 45 days before the commencement of the trip or at the moment of the submission of the travel documents such as invitation letters, visas, passport, etc.
- We accept major credit cards such as Visa, MasterCard and American Express. If you prefer to pay your reservation with a bank transfer, then you are expected to send us all the information concerned. Payments can also be done through the money transfer agencies such as Western Union and MoneyGram.